View today’s CNN10 (and prepare to use the transcript)
Read today’s Newsela article on the Manchester attack (take the quiz).
1. Responding to Tragedy (JF 500+):
- Choose 5 powerful words from an Ariana Grande song of your choice to write a text-to-self or text-to-world response to the tragedy in Manchester.
2. Manchester Question Collection (JF):
Come up at least one thoughtful questions about today’s issues from each cluster of question starters below (ie. one question per group below).
- How would it be different if…?
- What if we knew…?
- What is the purpose of…?
What would change if…?
- What if…?
- What are the reasons…?
3. Manchester Question (J Q&A):
- Post the most thought-provoking and important question from the last step.
4. Join the Discussion (Manchester Question <J Q&A>)
- Answer as many of your classmates’ thinking questions with well-developed and thoughtful answers.