Objective: Pose questions that get people talking about important issues and respond to others’ questions and comments with relevant observations and ideas that bring the discussion back on topic as needed.
1. Read today’s article and preview the write prompt.
2. While reading, highlight…
- Text-to-self connections in a nice fishy GREEN
- Text-to-world connections in YELLOW.
3. Ask the Class (Q & A):
- Use our Question Starters list (below) to generate amazing questions and then ask the class an essential, discussion question about an issue that comes from the text.
- How would it be different if…?
- What if we knew…?
- What is the purpose of…?
What would change if…?
- What if…?
- What are the reasons…?