Newsela Quick Reads
1. Choose two new Newsela articles that you’ve never read before. Read both and take the quizzes.
2. Wondering Quick Reads (Jupiter Forum): Post one thoughtful question about the issues you saw in today’s reading from each group of question starters below (ie. one question per group below).
- How would it be different if…?
- What if we knew…?
- What is the purpose of…?
- What would change if…?
- What if…?
- What are the reasons…?
3. Big World Graphic Questions (Jupiter Question & Answer… ):
- Quote & Question…
- Create a quote graphic that…
- Gives us a powerful & relevant pull quote and…
- Asks the most thought-provoking and important question you developed after your reading today (see “Wondering Quick Reads”).
- Answer two or more of your classmates’ thinking questions with thoughtful answers of at least 300 characters or more!)