This week, your teacher is trapped on the East Side scoring exams!
While he’s away, you will be reading, thinking, and asking questions.
Each day, you should complete the following three amazing assignments!
1) News Patrol: Read one of today’s articles on Newsela, take the quiz, and then write a 500 character (I See… I think… I wonder) response about something you find and wonder about.
2) Our Times (500+): Choose a prompt from the 500 Prompts at the New York Times and share a little thoughtful writing about your view of the world.
3) The Great Conversation (1 Essential Question per Day + 2 300 Character Answers):
- Ask your class an essential question based on your reading and thinking today. The question should be big, universal, and really thought-provoking.
- Answer two of your class’s essential questions (300 characters plus)… or react to a classmate’s answer!