Objective: Express yourself with more power and style by choosing your language more thoughtfully.
Word Harvest (JF 5 Words & 1 Word Cloud): Put the lyrics of your favorite clean song into a Word Cloud that matches the mood of the song. Choose the five words that seem most expressive and interesting. Post your word cloud and your word list.
Five by Five (JF 500+):
Choose one of the five prompts below to answer in a thick and thoughtful paragraph — but make sure to work in all of your five vocabulary choices from Word Harvest (and bold face each one).
1. What Challenges Have You Overcome?
2. What Are Your Secret Survival Strategies?
3. What Do You Do When You Encounter Obstacles to Success?
4. When Have You Failed? What Did You Learn From It?
5. When Have You Ever Succeeded When You Thought You Might Fail?
Me Too (JF):
Write a text-to-self connection to a “Five by Five” response written by a classmate of the opposite sex!
Borrowed Voices (JF 500+): Instructions Challenge!
- Find a classmate’s “Five by Five” that responds to a different prompt than the “Five by Five” prompt you chose.
- Write your own original response to that same original prompt — using their five “Word Harvest” words too!