Objective: Unpack the dense language of a verse text like a poem or the lyrics of a song.
Part 1: Unpacking Scars
- Find and carefully read the lyrics to the song “Scars To Your Beautiful” by Canadian singer-songwriter Alessia Cara (born Alessia Caracciolo).
Part 2: Beautiful Questions
1. Of Scars and Beauty (JF 3 Questions): In one discussion post, brainstorm at least one thoughtful question about the issues in the article from each group of question starters below.
- How would it be different if…?
- What if we knew…?
- What is the purpose of…?
- What would change if…?
- What if…?
- What are the reasons…?
2. Stars or Scars (J Q&A, Quote Graphic, Pull Quote, Question 2+ Answers of 200+):
- Create a Powerful Two-Part “Quote Graphic”
- Answer two or more of your classmates’ thinking questions with thoughtful answers of 200 characters or more!)