Objective: Use peers, guides and online resources to prepare your final draft for publication.
Last two steps: Revision and Editing (Proofreading).
- Revision: In the revision step, writers look for places where the writing could be improved by adding, changing and moving the parts. (Does the hook grab? Is the evidence strong? Are the reasons convincing? Does the conclusion make the reader jump out of her seat?)
At this stage, I recommend that you look at how each part of an essay should look in our Essaysaurus Thinglink. Your job is to spot weaknesses, check with your peers about specifics, and to revise your draft.
- Editing/Proofreading: The last step is to make sure that word choice, spelling, punctuation, grammar and style are polished and clear. You may wish to try online tools like MS Word, Paper Rater , Slick Write and Grammarly.
Make sure you cite your sources correctly!
Final Argument (Jupiter Assignment): Submit your final draft for evaluation!
R and D Reports (JF Extra Credit — write as many reports as you can!):
Possible R & D Topics:
- Write a paragraph comparing and evaluating any two grammar checkers, including options like MS Word, Paper Rater , Slick Write and Grammarly.
- Write a paragraph telling us whether students can and should create article “Text Sets” in Newsela.
- Write a paragraph telling us whether we should use Slick Write (www.slickwrite.com) in our class.
- Write a paragraph telling us whether we should use Kids InfoBits ( http://go.galegroup.com/ps/start.do?p=ITKE&u=nysl_ca_dmvacces&authCount=1 ) for our class.
- Write a paragraph telling us whether we should use CommonLit (https://www.commonlit.org/) for our class? (Justify your decision with fact-based reasons).
- Write a paragraph telling us whether we should use the Opposing Viewpoints ( http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fgalesupport.com%2FnovelGeo%2FnovelGeoLink.php%3Floc%3Dnysl_ca_dmvacces%26db%3DOVIC&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGD0TE5J-j668O64Ox9oIaxA3Ln6w ) for our class.