Objective: Establish further context for the Hidden Figures film.
Why the Moon?
- Essentially the Moon (JF): Ask an essential question based on Why Does the Moon Fascinate Us! (Answer thoughtfully as many times as possible in the brief time available).
Apollo 11 (As Seen From the 1960s)
- Part 1 I SEE / I THINK / I WONDER (JF 350+): Write a quick response to something you’ve noticed in our NASA video so far.
- Part 2 I SEE / I THINK / I WONDER (JF 350+): Write a quick response to something you’ve noticed in the second part of our video.
- I Used to Think… But Now I Think About Apollo 11 (JF 500+): Discuss something that added to or changed your thinking about today’s subject based on the NASA video.
Tech Impact (Homework)
- Deep Impact (JF Homework): Based on your reading of the Telegraph science article, what are the most important invention(s) to come from NASA?
If we have a moment at the end of the class, we will take a look at this video of the Saturn five in action: Meanwhile, Witness the power of the Saturn V rocket: https://vimeo.com/11004039