Objective 1: Grab and guide your readers with an informative and engaging hook.
Task 1: Triple Hook (Post Three Times)
- Write three different hook leads, using your choice of the different types of hooks out there: shocking facts, bold claims, dramatic descriptions, powerful stories, challenging questions. Check our video to see examples!
Task 2: Three Part Introduction (JF)
- Check out our explainer (and video) on the three part introduction: The Three Part Introduction.
- Write an introduction with a powerful hook, necessary information and a clear thesis statement.
Objective 2: Create a conclusion that reminds readers of your point, reviews your big reasons and reveals why your argument matters!
Task 3: Three R Conclusion (JF)
- Check our explainer on the Three R Conclusion (and maybe watch
- Write a conclusion that reminds the reader of your thesis, reviews your big reasons (including the counter claim), and dramatically reveals why your argument matters.
Task 4: Argument Essay Draft (Juno Doc)
- Assemble your essay from its parts.
- Read the essay carefully to make sure it flows. (Transitions may help!)
- Submit your draft as a Juno Doc!
Hint: If you want to review any part of essay writing, check the links on workshop322.wordpress.com Essay Basics!