Decoding School Possibilities #1 (JF 2800+ Characters)
To write your answers, cut and paste the sections and questions below. Below each bullet, write a well-supported paragraph! A good answer will require at least 2800 characters.
A. Statistically Speaking
- How good are the school’s statistics? (Justify your answer by quoting specific numbers)
B. That’s Interesting!
- What academic opportunities, specific courses or other activities does the school offer that interest you? (Why are you interested in these?)
C. Getting In!
- What are the admission methods (test, audition, screened), how many applicants do they get per seat, and how strong a candidate are you? (Justify your evaluation with grades, addresses, scores, etc. ?). Check pages 14-16 of our 2017 NYC High School Directory for admission methods.
D. Getting There!
- What trains and/or buses go to this school? How long will it take me to get there?
- If I’d like to find out how to visit this school, what phone number, email, or website can I use to get information?