Objective: Determine a central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of the text, including its relationship to supporting ideas; provide an objective summary of the text.
1. Virginia Essentials (JF 1300 Characters+)
- Quickly research and report on the most important things that people should know about the state of Virginia.
- Good answers will include basic facts, place names, important numbers.
- Organized answers will be arranged by headings and subheadings.
2. Newsela of the Day (Read 2 Articles and Take the Quizzes)
- You may read any two articles. Make sure to keep the reading level high, but achievable.
- If you were with us on Newsela last year, your records are moved forward. If you need to join our class, create an account and join us using 5ZZEWK.
3. Amazing Virginia (JF, no minimum, include link)
- Choose an amazing fact about Virginia from your research that will surprise or impress other people.
- The best answers will be unique!
- Include a link to the site you found your fact.