- Read the two texts (twice each). Underline the most important words (and synonyms) on the first read through.
- Short Response 1 (JF): How did industrialization change the nature of children’s work? Use two details from “Kids at Work” to support your answer.
- Short Response 2 (JF): How did Lewis Hine’s work help influence child labor laws? Use two details from “Kids at Work” to support your answer.
- Leading Questions (JF): Do the short response questions lead up to the extended response question (#53 pictured in the Jupiter forum)? Why or why not?
The Planning Page (JF):
3 Part Post:
1) In your own words, what is this question asking you to do?
2) What are all the parts you must do?
3) Creating a “mind map” that shows us what your thesis (aka claim) and each of the body paragraphs will be.
6: Short Response 3 (JF): How does the weather in “Rocks in My Pocket” affect the plot of the story? Use two details from the story to support your answer.Write your answer in complete sentences.