Objective: Master the basic vocabulary of figurative language.
- Watch with your class, our video Sound and Sense
- Study our Quizlet flashcards: https://quizlet.com/21855966/flashcards
- Scatter: Use your knowledge to play the Scatter game: https://quizlet.com/21855966/scatter
- Figurative Language Switch 1 (JF): Post a screenshot after you have sorted the terms and definitions in “Figurative Language Sort Switch 1“
- Figurative Language Switch 2 (JF): Post a screenshot after you have sorted the terms and definitions in “Figurative Language Sort Switch 2“
- Sound and Sense 2 (Jupiter Quiz): When the class is ready, Mr. Keck will unlock the quiz.
Objective: Improve reading comprehension of short texts with the read and reread strategy.
- Read today’s Newsela article in cattle rustling twice before testing. First time? Highlight repeated important words twice before testing .
- Complete the comprehension test!
Copying is Cheating Yourself:
Post a fake response? Score a 0. Copying is cheating yourself.