Objective: Create a powerful argument using the CLAIM, REASONS and EVIDENCE structure.
Map Your Favorite Teacher (JF): Use your favorite mapping tool to plan a letter to your favorite teacher in MS 322 (not including Mr. Keck), in which you explain why that teacher is your favorite. Maps should include teacher’s name, three big reasons why, evidence (summaries).
Favorite Teacher Letter (JF): Write a letter to your favorite teacher in MS 322 (not including Mr. Keck), in which you explain why that teacher is your favorite.
- Begin with a salutation on its own line: Dear Ms. Jimenez,
- Next, include an introduction that hooks your reader and makes your claim…
- Write three or more body paragraphs each about one big reason why (with supporting evidence).
- Next, write a conclusion that RESTATES your claim, REVIEWS the big reasons why, REVEALS how important this person is!
- Close with: Sincerely, Roberto Cruz (on two lines with a space between!)
- Use PaperRater to check your spelling and punctuation…
- Speak to the teacher directly (they will see the letter)
- Use language appropriate for school or work…