1) Essentially Questioning the News (J Q&A): Watch today’s CNN Student News, ask your class an essential question (a timeless question about life’s big issues) inspired by the news, respond at least twice (with answers developed with reasons and examples).
2) Three Feelings (JF): Go to KidsHealth.org on Feelings and choose the three articles you believe are most important for people to read. For each choice, post:
- Title: “Braces”
- Link: http://kidshealth.org/kid/feel_better/things/braces.html#cat112
- Rationale: (a briefly written reason for choosing this article) Many students have to wear braces and not everybody really understands how they work, why they are important and good they can be.
3) Read & Quiz on Today’s Newsela Article on the terror attack in San Bernardino, California, last Wednesday.
Pay close attention to your reading. You will receive a grade based on the level of the text and your quiz score!