Objective One: Connect simple sentences to create compound sentences.
- View the Compound Sentence Video with your class.
- Review with this Compound Sentence Prezi.
- Today’s Mechanics Takeaway (JF): For today’s mechanics topic, complete a three part post:
*What is today’s topic?
*What’s most important for you to know, do, or remember?
*Provide a clear example!
Objective Two: Write a character-driven summary using Somebody, Wanted, But, So.
Stolen Summary (JF)
- Read today’s story excerpt: Stolen Excerpt
- Identify the main character.
- Explain why a reader might sympathize with the character (are they likable, admirable, would readers relate to them — and what makes you think that?)
- Summarize the scene using Somebody, Wanted, But… (and So if everything is resolved in scene).
These may be handy to you: