Select and read highly interesting nonfiction texts at your reading level using an online service (Newsela) — and respond intelligently.
Today’s First Mission
- Use Newsela Instructions 701 to create an account on the online news service Newsela with the help of our team.
- Make a note in your Evernote journal called “Newsela Password” and save your password there.
- Choose and read an article on a cool topic. (You decide what’s cool).
- Summarize the article in one thick paragraph in your Evernote journal (call it “Cool News”)
- Write an “I see… I think… I wonder…“ paragraph about your article and add it to your “Cool News”).
“I see… I think… I wonder…” is a way to respond to ideas that we will use many times. Notice things, think about what they mean, and get curious. It’s easy.